Bing Chat has a few benefits over using ChatGPT through Open AI’s website. Bing Chat uses GPT4 rather than GPT3.5, and is free to use. It’s also connected to the Internet, meaning it can get information beyond the 2021 knowledge cut-off that is restricted on OpenAIs website.
Only issue is that Bing Chat only works in Edge…until now! You can trick Bing chat into thinking you’re using Edge by doing the following.
Set Your Browser to “Pretend” to be Edge
If you want to set the user agent (type of browser) for a specific website to Microsoft Edge Mac, you can use the developer tools in your browser to override the user agent string. Here are the steps for doing that in Microsoft Edge1:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + P (Windows, Linux) or Command + Shift + P (macOS) to open the Command Menu.
- Type network conditions, select Show Network conditions, and then press Enter to open the Network conditions tool.
- In the User agent section, clear the Use browser default checkbox.
- Select a user agent from the dropdown list, or enter a custom user agent. For Microsoft Edge Mac, you can use this user agent string2:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.82 Safari/537.36 Edg/89.0.774.45
- Click User agent client hints to view and change these values as described in Network features reference.
You can also use a similar method in other browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari3. I hope this helps you with your task. 😊